Hello, my friends. Your friendly neighborhood translation editor Decay is here with a important message. As many of you may have noticed, in late September there was an aborted patch release. This was, simply put, a mistake. Wires were crossed and misunderstandings occurred. No one is really at fault here, as communication should have been better across the board. We pulled the patch down as soon as the mistake was noticed, but I suppose the damage was already done.
And what damage it was! For any of you who saw the patch, I hope you don’t get the idea that it was at all representative of the quality we intend for the final release. What the patch lacked was:
- Any editing in the Rio, Elina, and Nicola routes;
- Partial editing as well as proofreading in the Miu and Azusa routes;
- The final polishing pass on everything including the common route;
- Some TLC work.
As you can see, there are some pretty basic and essential things that need to happen which haven’t yet. In the six or so weeks since, we have already made an enormous amount of improvements to the Common, Miu, and Azusa routes, and we continue to make more. I’ve also made some headway into the Rio route at the same time. Indeed, we’ve been some awfully busy bees lately. We won’t stop until this translation is as good as it can possibly be.
I suspect those still following our blog and waiting for the final release are doing so because they care about translation quality as much as we do. So, when will your chosen saviors, the boys over at The Oxford Comma is Superior Subs, deliver you unto the promised land? Hell if I know. No, really, I have no idea. It will probably take a long time. Simply put, the plans have changed, and we’re no longer delivering anything at all until everything is 100% finished and polished to a mirror sheen. It’s going to take a while.
Some of you may be disappointed by this news, and I feel for you. We would like to find a path that makes everyone happy, but I’m just not sure that exists. Instead, we chose the path that makes us happy, because we’re selfish like that. I figured we’ve earned it after putting many hundreds of hours into this.
I’m not sure there’s much else to discuss until we hit some major milestones, so you may not hear from us again for quite a while. In the meantime, enjoy some other excellent VNs!
- The translation patch for the Saturn version of Policenauts was finally released recently. It is considered the best version of the game, so check it out!
- Surferdude on VNDB translated a short Romanesque side-story which may be worth checking out if you liked that game.
- The Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai fan translation just reached 100% editing and translation. It seems like things may take a while for them as well, but be sure to give their tumblr a follow, that game is awesome and worth looking forward to!
- The renowned sci-fi doujin that became absurdly popular in Japan, Himawari, is releasing in English next month! I’ve already pre-ordered.
- Sonahana Nyuu Jene is releasing this month if you’re into moe yuri, and Ne no Kami part one just released if you want more story-heavy yuri.
Until next time, friends.